Wednesday 24 July 2013

Today we is hearing from Meggy:

Dear PdP

Life is inherently unfair is it not? And yet we continue to be disappointed when things don't work out.

How does one maintain a strong self-esteem in the face of set-backs?

Perhaps it is better to be a realist/pessimist

From The Perpetual-Worrier General

Welcome back Meggy! Oh dear, I is sensing you is not a happy puggy at the moment. Sometimes, when fings is not working out, we is thinking "oh my DOG everyfing in the WHOLE WORLD is rubbish and my life is poop and not even a mountain of biskwits would make me feel better!"

But Meggy, let us reflect for a while. Life is like a ball of wool Meggy. The needles are our inner tools, the wool is the yarn we are dealt with and the scarf is what we choose to make of that yarn. I fink it is depending on our own personal outlooks but some peoples is handed terrible yarn Meggy and yet they still manage to create a beautiful garment. Other peoples is handed the most sumptuous yarn and yet they get it all tangled up and it ends up full of dropped stitches and, quite frankly, they have the tension all wrong - what were they thinking?!

The fing with a set-back Meggy is that you can eivver turn it into a big hole in the scarf of your life, or you can just knit that little bit firmer and make your scarf even stronger. Just fink - if we never ever had anyfing go wrong then we would never know what true happiness feels like. We would take it for granted, just like air and a solid internet connection and whatnot.

And as for being a pessimist Meggy... well, I fink it would be very sad to be going frew life expecting the worst of all situations. I has met many people like dis and they make me sad in my insides. Meggy - I go into every single situation in my life wiv the same thought: "WILL THERE BE A BISKWIT?!" and although most of the time there isn't I don't let that chip away at my inner voice that is saying - "don't worry Alfie, one day there WILL be a biskwit!". And do you know what? There ALWAYS is a biskwit eventually Meggy! And how much nicer it is to be ever hopeful for that moment of elation than to go frew my life telling myself no biskwit will ever come.

Here is proof:

PESSIMIST PUG
There will be no biskwit here.
There will be no biskwit here either. Life sucks.
(on finding a biskwit)
Oh, there's a biskwit. Pff. That never happens to me. I will eat my biskwit whilst being resentful of the fact that I don't normally find a biskwit and the biskwit will taste rubbish.

OPTIMIST PUG
Is there a biskwit?? No, oh well, next time!
Is there a biskwit now?? No? That's OK! There'll be one soon!
(on finding a biskwit)
OH MY DOG!!! THERE'S A BISKWIT!! I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!! NOM NOM NOM! BEST BISKWIT EVER! I LOVE MY LIFE!

I hope this has helped you on the journey of your scarf knitting Meggy and please to be letting me know how you is getting along. Fank you for mailing, it was Pug de Probleme.

No comments:

Post a Comment